5 km south of the Astros before the Monastery of Palaiopanagia encounters a shady spot, where rushing water tumbling from a huge conical tank to drive a watermill.
This is the dependency of the monastery with the church of St. George in the shape of single-cell domed basilica.
Further down tucked into a wooded ravine located Paleopanagia Monastery dedicated to the Virgin Mary and the Assumption.
The monastery was deserted during the pre-revolutionary years, possibly the decade 1770-1778 and later renovated thoroughly. And today also place overall renovation of the monastery.
Phone 2755022176 Paleopanahia Monastery.