15 kilometers from Tripoli and just 1.5 km north of the so named village is located the Kapsia cave.
The cave was discovered in 1887 by the French archaeologist Gustav Fouzer while the first exploration was performed in 1892 by the French Gantoulo and Wallis in collaboration with the greek mechanic Sideridis N.
It is rated by experts in the field as one of the ten most important caves in Greece.
Safety works were performed and recently the cave and “opened its doors” to the public. The section of the cave open to visitors consists of two rooms, “the room of magnificent” and ” the room of bones”.
The tour does not last more than half an hour and is worth visiting. The cave is open to visitors from 9:30 to 17:30 in winter and from 9:30 to 20:30 in the summer.